Friday, August 13, 2010

No Mo Drama

I can count the people I completely, 100% trust, on two hands. I like living a drama free life!
When high school ended, I made a point to stay away from people who caused me drama, and stress throughout my 6 years at St. Matts.

The thing that I hadn't thought through, was what about the people you meet from college, or work? Do you keep your guard up? Do you let people into your life that could potentially cause drama or hurt you?

Could you imagine your life if you hadn't met one specific person? A person who maybe introduced you to your best friend, significant other, or worst enemy? Would you be the same person? I know for a fact, that if I hadn't met at least one of my best friends, my life would not be the same at all. There seemed to be a snowball effect within my best friends. I met one girl within the first few days of high school, and we slowly developed a 'group'. We do our best to understand each other, and help each other. I can honestly say I love my best friends.
If you met your very best friend for the first time today, in a completely different environment, or a completely different mood, would you have the same relationship with them?
Imagine you had the worst day, 8 hours of work, plus homework, plus -40 weather, plus you just broke up with your significant other. A total stranger (your best friend) walks onto the bus and sits next to you. Do you think you would have the same life?
It's difficult to keep your guard up knowing that the next person you meet could very well be your next best friend or close friend.

At the same time, if this new person you have let into your life hurts you, was it worth it?

I don't know if this blog made any sense, it was just a rant. Somebody who was close to becoming my best friend lied to me, and it is very difficult for me to trust people in the first place.

Well, if this DID make sense, let me know if this has ever happened to you, or your thoughts about your best friend situation.

As always carpe diem (seize the day)
Maybe talk to somebody sitting next to you in class, or a shy coworker.
You never know what will happen when you seize the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment