Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The battle against addiction

Now I'm a pretty healthy girl, I don't smoke and I hardly ever drink.
My addiction is caffeine. I've watched myself grow dependent on it to a point of extremes. I work at a very popular coffee chain, where caffeine is the solution to all of life's problems. On a day with a full 8 hour shift, I have caught myself drinking over 6 cups of coffee. Yowzers.
I decided that a three day weekend was a good time to start my detox from caffeine. I started on the Saturday and found myself not really being myself for the weekend (although it was still a really good weekend). I`m on the fifth day right now and I`m noticing that I`m slowly becoming my cheerful self, without coffee!!
They say it takes 2 weeks to fully get over a caffeine addiction, so I`m really hoping I can stick to this!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! I don't like tea or coffee so have managed to avoid needing them to get me through the day, can imagine it will be tough so stick with it!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, I have the saem thing! Real need to kick it.

    Helen, X
    http://areyoudressingupordressingdown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete