Friday, April 8, 2011

Carpe Diem

When I was in high school, any excuse to get out of class was a good opportunity. So when professional speakers came to give assemblies, it was mostly seen as an hour to not be miserable in class (because life was so hard right?).
One year I remember a man who came in and spoke all about living your life, doing the things you want to do, and how every second counts.
He wore a shirt with big bold writing.
'Carpe Diem'
Now my 15 year old self absorbed this and I lived this for all of 1 hour. I then went back to my regular teenage life of missed opportunities.
When I started getting sick I watched my life pass by me. I felt like I had lost months of what could have been spent laughing with my friends. Well technically I did.
I try my best when I'm feeling really tired to think about what I could be doing at that very moment, and that often gives me encouragement to actually go ahead and do it.
Now I'm trying to work on seizing the moment when it comes to relationships. When I think about all of the people I could have told my true feelings to, I realize all of those special moments I could have had.

Well thats my midnight rant on a Friday night. Big day tomorrow.
Carpe Diem.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment