Sunday, May 29, 2011

No longer an insecurity

A while back when I did the 30 day challenge, I had to tell what my biggest insecurity was. I picked my skin, which used to have a mind of its own. Dry in one place, acne in another, and I would get really bad underground pimples sometimes.
A few months ago, a new manager started working at my Starbucks. He used to work for Lush, which I always associated with weird smelling stores and bath bombs.
One day during my lunch break, I went across the street to the nearest pharmacy and bought some face moisturizer. When I came back, my manager went on this huge rant about the moisturizer I just bought and what it's really doing to my skin. He started quizzing me on my skin type and two days later I had a bag full of samples from Lush.
I noticed right away how amazing the moisturizer was, it left my skin feeling just the right amount of moisturized, and the cleanser was heavenly. I went in to Lush as soon as the samples ran out to buy full sized versions. While I was in the store, a sales associate recommended a toner to me as well. This was where I started seeing a real big difference! I was at about 2 weeks into the new skin regimen and I was already seeing a huge improvement on the amount of acne, and my skin was no longer dry, ever! Once the toner started to really kick in a week later, I couldn't stop smiling! I actually could not believe it! My skin is the best it's been since before I started wearing makeup!
Right now I have 2 pimples, which to me is freaking incredible. Today I spent the entire day wearing no foundation, and it felt incredible. I love my freckles, but I always had to cover it up along with the acne.

I think the second best part is that the products I have are completely vegan friendly, and SO natural!

What I use:
Cleanser : Angels on Bare Skin
Toner : Breath of Fresh Air
Moisturizer : Imperialis

I'm about to try out their hair care as well, so I'll let you guys know how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment